These documents will help you use version 8.1.1. They are available in HTML and PDF format. You will also find documentation below for the Carbonite cloud service offerings.
- Installation, Licensing, and Activation—Installation, licensing, and activation for all products,
- Reference Guide—Information such as statistics, error codes, Windows Event messages, SNMP, and so on for Availability and Move jobs,
- Windows User's Guide—Instructions for protecting and failing over Windows servers ,
- Linux User's Guide—Instructions for protecting and failing over Linux servers ,
- GeoCluster User's Guide—Instructions for a Windows cluster configuration without a shared disk where data is stored on volumes local to each node and replicated to each node in the cluster,
- Windows User's Guide—Instructions for migrating Windows servers ,
- Linux User's Guide—Instructions for migrating Linux servers ,
Reporting Service Documentation
- Reporting Service User's Guide—Instructions for the centralized reporting and analysis tool for Availability and Move ,
- PowerShell Basic Scripting Guide—Instructions and examples for jobs using Windows PowerShell cmdlets,
- PowerShell Advanced Scripting Guide—If you are looking for advanced PowerShell documentation, geared towards developers who will be programming to interact with other systems, you may want to reference the SDK web site. The PowerShell documentation on the SDK site is generated directly from source code and is organized by contracts and namespaces. This documentation may be more suitable for advanced developers.
- DTCL Scripting Guide—Instructions for scripting a Linux files and folders job using the DTCL scripting language,
- Carbonite Recover User's Guide—An online service that enables protection of Windows servers to the cloud,
- Carbonite Cloud Migration User's Guide—An online service that enables migration of Windows and Linux servers to the cloud,